SPANISH LANGUAGE SEO
Our Spanish SEO More than just SEO en Espanol
SEO Analysis Inquiry FormMeet with an Expert
Interested in reaching a Spanish audience?
We’d love to hear from you.
What makes Spanish SEO different
Really, nothing. That said, there are a few common misconceptions we should address:
- A translation plugin does not create Spanish Language SEO. Because a plugin sits on top of your site and simply translates the content that is already there that content is not then included in the “crawl” that captures SEO keywords.
- Having some translations doesn’t mean the site is optimized. There are a couple of reasons for this:
- Often a site will be translated to Spanish but the time isn’t taken to properly format the images, the headlines, or the site for Spanish SEO
- A site can be translated to Spanish but still coded for English search which means that those searching from a Spanish Language browser still won’t see your newly translated site
- Modern SEO is more than just a link at the top of the results page. Modern SEO encompasses Spot 0 (when you rank so well google gives you your own blurb) as well as a good business profile. If your business profile only shows up in English, what good does that do for your Spanish Speaking customers?
- The Spanish Speaking community may behave differently (and just be different) than their English speaking counterparts. How that plays out can be simple: In English someone may search for “Doctor near me” that same idea in Spanish may be searched “Doctor in my neighborhood.” That may seem like a minor difference but the devil is in the details when it comes to SEO, keywords, and reaching your target audience
Why Spanish Language SEO?
It isn’t for everyone. If you live in Utah, for example, you probably don’t have a large enough Spanish Community for this to make a difference to your business. That being said if you live in Texas, California, Florida, Arizona, New Mexico, New York, or any area with a large (and likely growing) Spanish Community it makes sense to engage with that customer base. Take Houston for example; 37% of people in Houston speak Spanish as their primary language at home. It doesn’t take complex math to understand why tapping into that market for your business make sense.
This article from Forbes in 2017 outlines neatly why having Spanish SEO is so powerful:
- 80% of Spanish speakers don’t feel they need to stop speaking Spanish to be a part of the culture in the United States
- 86% of Spanish Speakers believe speaking Spanish help keeps them closer to their culture
- When online 80% of primarily Spanish Speaker search and read in their native language online.
- Ads targeting Hispanics in Spanish significantly increase their likelihood of making a purchase decision.
If all you had to do to boost your sales by ~40% is engage in Spanish SEO wouldn’t you do that right away?
SEO Analysis FormFree SEO Analysis
About Our Value Proposition